Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sick = no fun: My stomach fell in with the wrong crowd and rebelled against me...

Okay, so I realize that it may seem like I'm not being super regular about writing here.  I have an, apparently, silly desire to proof things I write prior to posting.  Also, I'd like to include pictures at some point, and the picky-eater in the family has yet to show me how to upload said pictures; (I'll attempt, but I'm not sure how that'll go).  So, I'm trying to be better about more regularly posting.


My sustinance for most of this horrid day. 
(Ignore the date; it's wrong.  I/We'll fix it at some point.)
ANYhoo, I woke up on Wednesday at 6:30ish in the morning to wicked heartburn and found that my stomach was not happy with me.  This continued throughout the day, and I was told that it might well be food-poisoning.  I was very sad because I had eaten the best mandarin orange I've had in a really long time the night prior.  I'd gotten two, so the second was still posted up in the fridge... waiting....

My stomach continued to rebel for the entire day.  While this was not pleasant, I was beginning to consider a stomach flu rather than food-poisoning.  (It was confusing because I didn't have all the symptoms of either.)  Not a great thing, but I don't think you realize how awesome that orange was.  I subsisted largely on pepto-knock-off (tastes awful, by the way; go get the real stuff), water, and strawberry-flavored gatorade provided by my awesome spouse (my body was leaching electrolytes).

The puppies were wonderful and snuggled with me all day.  It was also cold, so they curled up under the blanket and served as living heaters. The picky-eater convinced me to eat some chicken-noodle soup, and it was wonderful.  We normally make a home-made version, but work ran late, and I was in no state to shop and cook.  When we get around to making it, I'll post the recipe.

As of now, my stomach and I are on good terms.  I still haven't eaten the second orange out of fear of my stomach rebelling again, but it's waiting there... taunting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment